Thursday, February 2, 2017

Infusionsoft + Zen Planner



Are you excited yet?



If seeing these two logos side by side doesn't make you as stoked as a kid in the candy store, perhaps you are not aware of the following two undeniable truths:
  • Zen Planner = the best gym/dojo software ever
  • Infusionsoft = the best marketing software ever

Why read this article?


Do you love Zen Planner's automations?  Do you want more?  Okay, do you actually need more?  If you said yes to all three of these, you must read on.  I will go through a few things that I'm working on and give you a preview of the cost/benefit ratio to investing into an Infusionsoft connection.


A little history


Zen Planner announced their partnership with Infusionsoft last fall, and although I was excited, I waited until this past January to start playing with it. After about 60 hours learning from youtube and playing with Infusionsoft,  I've got a few worthwhile sequences running smoothly.


Why I am using Infusionsoft with Zen Planner





I love the automations that Zen Planner offers, but I want more control of the look and the function of these automations.  For example, I can text message through ZP but it comes from a Colorado phone number that does not forward back to my business, which means that our members can't write or call us back easily.  Things like this make automation seem obviously like automation.  

One of the things that I love about Zen Planner is that they are open to connecting with other softwares.  No 1 company needs to have all the answers.  Zen Planner works with Mailchimp for example which was a GENIUS move.  In my opinion: the more connectivity to other apps, the better.

The best part about Zen Planner being hooked up with Infusionsoft is that this means it can now be connected to EVERYTHING through another app called Zapier.  (Another post on that later).



My current Infusionsoft sequences



A sequence is a series of "if, then" statements essentially that connect your members' behaviors with different communication actions.  For example, I can email someone, and then automatically follow up with a text or email if they don't respond.  I can then send an email to my front desk to reach out to the student who hasn't responded, and so on.

My first project has been to automatically deal with incoming leads.  Nobody answers the phone anymore, and I have no way of knowing if my staff is actually trying to call people.  I have set up a system that communicates with my staff as much as it does to the leads.

Here are the steps I'm taking with Infusionsoft to make sure that a lead becomes a student:

  1. Determine the lead's interest
  2. Sign the lead up for a free class
  3. Ensure that the lead makes it to the class and knows what to expect
  4. Follow up with the lead after the class in case they didn't sign up
  5. Follow up with the lead after class in case they didn't show up
  6. Drip content to the lead until they unsubscribe or sign up


Basic overview of Infusionsoft


If you are already familiar with Infusionsoft, go ahead and skip this video. :)




Costs of Infusionsoft




Cost #1: You will need to pay for Infusionsoft


Infusionsoft is not cheap.  It's about $200/month - which is a bit more than Zen Planner's highest tier of membership.  If you're not spending $150/mo on Zen Planner yet, I would not advise to purchase Infusionsoft yet because I would guess that you have room to grow within Zen Planner.  Automation is only necessary if you are bursting at the seams and having trouble keeping connected with current students and leads.



Cost #2: Yes, you need an Infusionsoft expert



If you're crazy like me, you'll dive right in to Infusionsoft and try to become your own expert.  Otherwise, you're looking at hiring an Infusionsoft expert (they're everywhere).

Either way, you need someone on your team who can set up your Infusionsoft sequences and keep them updated.  will need to know the basics of Infusionsoft in order to take advantage of it - so it's going to cost you some time at the very least.


You will need connect Zen Planner to your sequences once they are built.


No comments :

Post a Comment